Calling all Black youths between the ages of 18 to 30, showcase your skills and have a chance to win $10,000 in the The Verdict Case Competition . In the process you could also secure new roles with one of IMDOINGIT’S partners (EllisDon, Gore Mutual, Mediabrands, FCB Canada…)
Here are a few reasons why you should consider participating:
1. $10,000 Prize: The winner of The Verdict will receive a substantial cash prize of $10,000. This can help you achieve your dreams, whether it’s furthering your education, launching a project, or pursuing any other goal. How you spend the funds is up to them.
2. Career Opportunity: Beyond the prize money, there’s a high chance that outstanding participants will be considered for a new role within one of our partnering organizations. This could be the start of an exciting career journey for them.
3. Skill Development: Participating in the competition will sharpen your problem-solving, critical thinking, and presentation skills. In addition, you’ll be mentored by professionals in the industry towards delivering an outstanding presentation and enriching their approach to business problems. These are valuable skills that will benefit you in any career path you choose.
4. Networking: You’ll have the chance to connect with leaders, professionals, peers, and industry experts, expanding their network and opening doors to future opportunities.
5. Inclusivity: We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. This competition is a testament to our dedication to providing equal opportunities to all talented individuals.
To register for the competition and learn more about the rules and guidelines, please visit https://www.imdoingit.
About the Verdict for Black Youth
The Verdict is a unique experience for black youths in Canada to tackle real-life business challenges for a chance to win up to $10,000 in ca$h, collaborate with other black youth and possibly get hired. Over a 6-week period, participants will work in teams to address business challenges and develop solutions, with the guidance of mentors from our mentorMatch program.
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to work in Advertising, Marketing, Construction, Insurance or Tech-focused roles, quit wondering and register today! The Verdict is job-shadowing “on steroids”. Prove that you’ve got what it takes.
To wrap up the experience, all teams are invited to present their solutions to executive leaders IRL. Afterwards, winning ideas walk away with cash and all attendees will get to mix and mingle with executive leaders, hiring managers and create new relationships.
It’s not just fun. It’s life-changing.