Calling All Volunteers
FBC invites dedicated individuals to join our vibrant volunteer teams. Have an impact on your community, while gaining valuable professional development. We’re seeking enthusiastic individuals who want to make a difference and grow their career.
Apply today to our volunteers positions and get an opportunity to give back to the community.
We’re especially looking for volunteers for our Working Groups Research Team and our Communications and Marketing Team.
FBC Working Groups
The FBC Working Groups shall provide a forum to exchange information, engage in projects/research, and develop policy positions on all issues related of one of the following FBC priority areas: Criminal Justice Reform Higher Education Total Health Economic Security. Learn more About the FBC Working groups below.
Communications and Marketing Volunteer
Are you creative, enthusiastic, and ready to make a positive impact? This is your chance to shine! As a volunteer you will have a direct opportunity to showcase your work in a professional environment. Here are some of the tasks you could be involved in: Copywriting, Graphic Design, Social Media Management, Video Editing, Strategy & More. See below for more information.
FBC Working Groups Volunteer
The FBC Working Groups shall provide a forum to exchange information, engage in projects, and develop policy positions on all issues related of one of the following FBC priority areas:
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Higher Education
- Total Health
- Economic Security
A Working Group shall:
- Discuss, analyze and advise the FBC staff on current affairs and policy developments relevant to the Working Group
- To make recommendations to the FBC Board and Executive Team on issues that merit the involvement of the Federation.
- Identify and conduct research on advocacy opportunities; Assist in the development of policy positions and advocacy strategies related to working group topics
- To support the FBC in advocacy measures that support its mandate, this includes letter writing, external meetings, campaigning, etc.
- Seek out opportunities for partnership and community engagement with other community-focused initiatives
- Advise Board of potential opportunities for FBC representatives to engage in relevant roundtables or committees of other organizations;
- The committee may also be subject to other duties as assigned by FBC leadership team
Working groups shall meet at a minimum of 1-2 times a month, or at the call of FBC Staff members. Members of the working group may choose a schedule that aligns with these terms. A written record of discussion, decisions, and action items will be kept by FBC staff.
Communications and Marketing Volunteer
- Write articles, blog posts, and reports related to the organization’s mission and activities.
- Create engaging content for the website, social media, and other communication channels.
- Compile and curate content for the organization’s newsletters.
- Write and edit newsletter articles, announcements, and updates.
- Review and edit written pieces for clarity, grammar, and style.
- Ensure that all content aligns with the organization’s messaging and tone.
Research and Fact-Checking:
- Conduct research to gather information for articles and reports.
- Verify facts and ensure accuracy in all written materials.
Social Media Content:
- Develop content for the organization’s social media platforms, including captions, posts, and graphics.
Collaboration with Team Members:
- Work closely with other volunteers and team members to coordinate content efforts.
- Provide support and input for content-related projects and initiatives.
Content Calendar Management:
– Help create and manage a content calendar to ensure a consistent flow of content across platforms.
Finding brand ambassadors:
- Look for potential brand ambassadors for the FBC + research why they would be best suited for the organization